Susan Sholle-Martin is a certified life coach, creative healing artist, and occupational therapist. She enjoys working with people to grow from life challenges and create the life they love. Her passion is using the arts to inspire people in the process of healing and creating healthy lives. Susan has used the arts as part of her own healing from breast and kidney cancer.
[expand title=”PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY”]
- Used the arts to assist people in the healing process in healthcare settings in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida.
- Established Art Resurrection Studio, a community-based therapeutic arts program at Trailblazer’s Clubhouse in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Served as a faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh and Florida Gulf Coast University, teaching occupational therapy students how to be effective, creative and caring health professionals.
- Founded the Academy of Creative Healing Arts in Fort Myers, Florida in 2001 to teach and inspire people in connecting their creativity to healthy living.
- Works as a life coach for the Florida Self-Directed Care Program, promoting wellness and quality of life for those recovering from illnesses.
- Creates professional watercolor paintings, stationary cards, and laminated Soul Mail Cards from her own experiences of healing and connecting with nature.
- Uses a creative healing tool called Soul Mail, a method that combines the use of words and images made through meditation and guided visualization.
[expand title=”EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND”]
- Bachelor’s in Fine Art from Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA.
- Master’s in Occupational Therapy from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo.
- Master Life Coaching Training and Certification through Life Coach Universe in affiliation with Florida Southwestern State College.